If you're not satisfied with an item that you purchased on Staircaseandrailingstore.com or you have unused parts from your railing project you can initiate a return within 60 days from delivery for a full refund. Items that have been used or modified in any way may not be returned.
To be eligible for a full return:
- Item must be returned within 60 days of delivery
- Item must be unused and in same condition as it was received
- Shipment must include a Return Authorization (RA) number. Returns without an RA number will not be accepted. This RA number must be clearly printed on your pack list, order receipt, or similar paperwork included with your returning items. To secure a RA number please call 855.365.5387 or email email@example.com with your order number and list of items being returned
There are some situations in which a partial refund may be applied. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Items returned beyond the 60 day limit
- Any item not in its original condition
- Returned items missing hardware
- Damage to the packaging that makes the item ineligible for resale
Please Note: Many of our products have specific installation or use requirements that dictate where and how the product can be used. Use of our products outside of those guidelines will waive your right to return or exchange products under our standard warranty offering.
All return labels are issued through FedEx and will be directly emailed to the customer. Customers have the option to drop off their packages at any FedEx shipping location or use the included instructions to initiate a pickup online. If initiated online, a FedEx driver will arrive to your location and pick up your packages.
If items are sent back without a return label provided by SRS, we recommend insuring your return shipment and using a trackable shipping method. Refunds will not be issued for items damaged in return transit or for returns that are never received.
Once your return has been received and inspected, we will begin the process of refunding your payment. If you are approved, a credit will automatically be applied to your original method of payment. This process can typically take within 3-5 days from the date the credit is issued. Return shipping charges will be deducted from your refund amount if using labels supplied from SRS.
Staircases: Due to the large size and high cost of shipping our staircases, customers will be responsible for all transportation fees associated with returning a staircase kit. Returned staircase orders may also be subject to a 5% restocking fee.
The warranty is for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase per the receipt, and will be applied in accordance with the methods and terms set out by law. This warranty applies to manufactured defects in the product. Warranty applies to proper installation per the installation instructions.
The seller warranties that the goods purchased, being free from apparent and visible defects. Claims under the warranty must be accompanied by the sales invoice or receipt.
The warranty does not cover the deterioration of the product due to normal wear and tear and is void under the following conditions:
- Installation not within the instructions
- Collisions and falls
- Exposure to damp or salt-water conditions
- Improper use of chemical agents
- Unauthorized modifications – painting, refinishing of wood products, alterations to any parts
- Repair work carried out in an unprofessional manner
- The use of non-original components
- Improper maintenance
- Any act or fact which is not directly attributable to the seller/producer